No, despite the title of this post, this is not about the Ass again. Yesterday I wrote about a set of resolutions I had taken and here is an anlysis of how I have been so far on those:
- no going out to with Le Poulet: Resolution kept, pat on the back for me
- no more Big Drinking: Resolution half kept. Went out to an exapt drinks event last night and had barely eaten anything all day so the alcohol did hit my veins, but I think I did not drink THAT much, so it's half a point there.
- no more swapping mobile strangers when out in bars/clubs: Errr yeah, about that one. I did get two new numbers yesterday, DAMN IT I am addicted to phone number swapping. Are there any AA-type groups for this? Mobile Phone Number Swappers Anonymous?
- meet more people: yes, yesterdays expat drinks were exactly the right way for this. I think there are a couple of people I will see again, I might even invite a whole bunch of them to my moving-in party in a few weeks. Wuuuhhuuhhh, hello social life.
- no more feeling sorry for myself: half a point there. I did burst into tears in the middle of the street yesterday afternoon while going about some admin business, mainly because I was upset about the Clubbing Fiasco and also because having (minor) difficulties at work. But then I got back into Strong Woman mode. That is, until the evening when I told my life story to 3 people in the expat drinks. So I add one more resolution:
- no telling of life story to total strangers!
Score: 3/6. Could do better but still not bad for a rookie in town.
Next assessment will be after the week end.. (uhhooohh, might prove to be difficult to improve the score given the outings that are lined up :)