Monday 22 June 2009

Countdown

2 years - That is how long ago I started this blog. I was in a dark confused state at the time, and just needed to let it all out. Blogging made a world of a difference, it forced me to analyse my feelings, as well as take a bit of mental distance form my life in order to be able to write about it.

23 months - 23 months ago I left Europe for Hong Kong. It was one of the hardest yet most exciting moves in my life. Hard because I was freshly broken hearted from my separation from Le Poulet (and moving in to the same city as him). I was starting a new job I felt was too challenging for me, working with a team that I felt (rightly so) was a bit dysfunctional. But at the same time I was excited, as I was taking 6 weeks off to travel Asia before starting the job. And my whole body and soul had been craving that kind of experience for years.

3 months - The time it took me to feel at home in Hong Kong. By then I had met C, was about to met Lucy, and things just felt good. I loved my flat, my city, my life. I was home.

6 weeks - Six weeks ago I gave back the keys of my flat to my landlady, and since have been living like a nomad, staying with friends or traveling.

1 week - The length of time I have been in London, my new home. In a few days I will move into my new flat and start my new job, a new life begins.

3 comments:

Nicey said...

Evie,

Welcome home and in the smoke to - great, plenty of new friends ....
Keep the blog going hun I know that sometime sits hard work ;)
Laters

Nicey

hkorbust said...

Will miss your musings and anecdotes about Le Poulet!

Lola said...

Good luck Evie! HK is losing another Francophile blogger but the UK is gaining one.
Bon courage a Londres
Lola