The combined effect of 1) losing my job and 2) leaving HK (only on a short vacation!) in the past couple of weeks has made me realise that:
- I was not happy in my job, the stress had been too much in the past few months, and not having to go there anymore feels like a huge relief
- As a matter of fact I am not quite ready to start looking for a new job, I want to go on a grand vacation, like we did when we were kids, taking a break of several months (or even maybe a year?)
- I am addicted to Hong Kong. Every time I leave it I feel a bit down, as if I was a Duracell Rabbit that got its Duracell batteries replaced with another cheap, weak brand. When I land there again I feel alive again.
- The only thing that would make me leave is an incredible job prospect somewhere else in the world, but if possible somewhere exciting and new.
- I am lucky to be at such a cross roads of my life with many options lying there in front of me, and even more lucky to be facing it without having a mortgage, kids, or a partner, because I can make some very selfish decisions in the months to come.